There are many options available for a career after completing an undergraduate degree. Which one is right for you? MBBS is a popular degree of choice because of the skills that students would develop. MBBS is a five-year course that provides learners with important life skills, such as communication, problem-solving, and critical thinking.
It offers great job prospects; nearly 70% of all doctors in India are graduates of an Indian medical school. It also allows you to work in different parts of the world. MBBS degree holders earn an average salary of Rs 1,50,000 per year.
There is no secret that getting into a top medical school is extremely competitive. The application process is long and gruelling, and the competition is fierce. But there is a way to increase your chances of getting into the top MBBS colleges in Bangalore without taking an entrance exam, and that's called direct admission.
Top MBBS Colleges in Bangalore
Bangalore has a long history of being one of India's top economic and educational centres. With multiple colleges and universities offering programmes in both conventional and contemporary medical fields, the city has recently become known as a hub for medical education.
Given Bangalore's growing prominence as a centre for medical education, it is important to understand which colleges are considered being the best in terms of ranking and quality. Here, we will provide you with a list of the leading MBBS colleges in Bangalore, as well as their associated fees and course offerings.
MBBS Course Name
MBBS (4.5 years + 1 year of compulsory internship)
INR 23 lakhs per annum
St. John’s Medical College
MBBS (5.6 years)
INR 30 lakhs for 66 months
M.S Ramaiah Medical College
MBBS (4.5 years + 1 year of compulsory internship)
INR 9 lakh to INR 40 lakh per annum
Specializations in MBBS and Which One to Choose?
Here is the list of some famous MBBS specialisations that most of the Bangalore-based institutes have to offer:
- General Surgeon
- Anaesthetists or Anaesthesiologists
- Gynaecologist – Obstetrician
Amongst various specialisations available, below is the list that includes a handful of demand specializations and pays well.
- General Surgeon — It is a surgical speciality that covers all body organs. More specialisation in particular areas is possible. Examining the patient to ascertain the severity and kind of injury, treating the patient surgically, and providing post-operative care are among the responsibilities. Many forms of surgery include orthopaedic, plastic, neuro, and more. The salary range for a general surgeon in India is between INR 1 and INR 30 lakh per year. If you are fortunate and acquire this stream, your future will be lucrative.
- Pediatricians — Paediatricians identify and manage illnesses that affect infants, kids, and teenagers. After the pandemic, they are now greatly in demand. In India, the average annual salary for specialists is INR 12 lakhs. Choose this field of study to become well known and wealthy as a paediatrician in society.
- Psychiatrist — The high prevalence of depression and other mental illnesses has increased the demand for psychiatrists. They essentially identify and treat mental illnesses. It involves using psychological strategies to treat mental diseases. This branch only allows non-pharmacological treatments; the area of study is psychiatry, which employs medical treatments. Drugs and other treatments may be used after identifying the physical and behavioural signs. In India, a psychiatrist makes an average of INR 1,180,36 per month.
- Nutritionist—People are increasingly conscious of their diets, which increases the value of nutritionists. They provide instructions on how to use food in the body to preserve health and manage diseases. For sevral ailments, the doctor recommends a diet. The average yearly income for nutritionists in India is INR 3.0 Lakhs, with salaries ranging from INR 1.0 Lakh to INR 5.5 Lakhs.
Eligibility Requirements for Direct MBBS Admission in Bangalore
MBBS is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated entrance examinations in India. It always draws huge interest from students across the country and many attempts to qualify for it through various means. While it looks like an easy way out, a wrong step during the process can lead to disappointment and heartache. Here is the MBBS admission eligibility for direct admission in Bangalore’s colleges that are necessary.
- The applicant must have earned a passing grade in their 12th grade from an accredited educational board. They may be affiliated with ICSE, CBSE, or other state boards.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are subjects that every MBBS candidate must take in class 12.
- The candidate's 10+2 exam passing percentage must be at least 40%. In courses like physics, chemistry, and biology, the candidate must obtain at least 50% of the possible points. Some colleges and institutions also require English proficiency for entrance.
- Applicant must have turned 17 years old at the time of MBBS application. The minimum age requirement for MBBS applications is 25 years old. The authorities have raised the upper age restriction to 30 years for restricted groups, including SC, ST, and PWD.
Documents Required for Direct Admission in MBBS Colleges
When applying to any institute, students must have the following documents, among others:
- NEET 2022 Allocation Letter, Admit Card, and Result
- Birth Certificate (if Matric Certificate does not bear the same)
- grades for classes 10 and 12
- Twelve photos in passport size (same as provided on the application form)
- Online-published letter of provisional allocation
- A valid ID (such as an Aadhar card, PAN, driver's licence, or passport)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- PWD Certificate (if applicable)
- Two sets of xerox copies of all the following documents are required: the transfer certificate (TC), study certificate, conduct certificate, and character certificate.
General MBBS Syllabus in MBBS Bangalore
There are a total of nine semesters in the MBBS curriculum. Each of these nine semesters will last for six months. Each semester will consist of about 120 instructional days. The general syllabus is as follows:
- 1 and 2 semesters are called the pre-clinical phase. It includes anatomy, biochemistry, and physiology subjects.
- Semesters 3 to 5 are called the para-clinical phase. It has subjects like Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, and OPDs to begin here.
- Semesters 6 to 9 are called the clinical phase. It carries community medicine, medicine and allied subjects (psychiatry, dermatology), obstetrics and gynaecology, and paediatric subjects.
Scope & Career in MBBS Courses
MBBS job profiles offer an excellent opportunity to book a dream career. It is one of the most sought-after medical degrees in the world. With over 150,000 vacancies available every year, it is difficult to land an excellent position as an MBBS doctor. With an MBBS degree, you can go as far as you want with your career. However, before you can pursue any dream job, you need to know which sectors are hiring MBBS doctors and who the top recruiters are in this field.
Below is a list of all the major sectors that are hiring MBBS doctors and the top recruiters in these sectors:
- Healthcare: This sector has a high demand for MBBS specialists. There are lots of vacancies because of a shortage of qualified and skilled doctors. Make your career in this field and earn more.
- Pharmaceuticals: One of the sectors with the best growth potential is the pharmaceuticals sector, which draws top people from all around the world. Jobs for MBBS physicians who desire to work in this profitable industry will increase as this industry continues to expand.
- Research & Development: Research & Development (R&D) jobs in MBBS courses offer excellent career prospects with high salaries and ample opportunities for upward mobility. If research interests you, then pursuing an MBA could help unlock greater career possibilities in this field.
- General Medicine: Many general practitioners (GPs) are currently working in hospitals across India. Hence, hospitals are always on the lookout for new GPs and offer lucrative salary packages and positive work-life balance arrangements.
- Cardiology: In recent years, cardiology has emerged as one of the most attractive specialities for MBBS doctors looking to secure high-paying positions with splendid opportunities for career growth. Heart diseases remain one of the leading causes of death worldwide, and cardiovascular specialists are in high demand.
- Dermatology: Despite the rising number of compound cancer cases brought on by rising obesity rates, dermatology remains one of the most attractive specialities for MBBS doctors looking to land well-paid positions in established institutions across India. Skin care is given a lot of attention these days, so dermatologists have several alternatives for where to practise their trade around the country.
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology: Due to the rising public awareness of liver disorders and related problems, gastroenterologists in India today enjoy some of the highest average pay. Also, they benefit from favourable Medicare rebates and coverage levels, as well as work/life balance agreements.
Gcsonline Process for Admission in MBBS Without Entrance Exam
Are you trying to get into one of Bangalore's best MBBS institutions? If the answer is yes, you've found the right place. Gcsonline offers direct admission to the top MBBS colleges in Bangalore. Our staff of highly skilled and trained admission counsellors will lead and support you at every step of the application process.
Gcsonline’s Process for direct admission in MBBS colleges:
- Our consultants are available 24/7 to assist you with all your queries regarding admissions, registration, exam preparation, etc.
- To make the admissions process feel unique, we offer individual help throughout the entire process. One of our advisors will handle individually each step of the procedure, and will also be available to assist you at any time.
- We provided complete help, from filling out the application to the admissions process itself. so that students never have to struggle to secure direct admission into the MBBS programme even if their NEET test scores are inadequate.
Why Choose Gcsonline for Direct MBBS Admissions in MBBS Bangalore?
Are you seeking admission to a top MBBS college in Bangalore? If yes, then you have come to the right place. Gcsonline provides direct admission for top MBBS colleges in Bangalore without any entrance exam. We have a team of highly experienced and qualified admission consultants who will guide and assist you throughout the admission process.
- Our specialists provide a variety of details about the colleges and courses, campus life, hostel amenities, and other essential college information to assist you make an informed decision about your future career.
- One must have a thorough awareness of the course structure, duration, and curriculum that they choose to pursue order to be admitted to any college of their choice. To assist students acquire a sense of the course structure before submitting an application for admission, we offer complimentary counselling services. Our counsellors will go through every detail of each course and help students better grasp its purpose and length
- We are dedicated to providing the best services to our students, with an empathetic and personalized experience throughout the process. Our experts will guide them through each step of the application process and will assist with every aspect of their admission, including counselling.
Yes, you just need to pass the NEET entrance exam for direct admission in MBBS colleges.
No, without a NEET score, you cannot apply for admission to any medical college.
Register and attend each therapy session that is offered by the appropriate authorities. Visit the Gcsonline website for further information.
Without a NEET score, you can not be admitted to the MBBS programme in India.
No, It is mandatory. For more information, contact Gcsonline counsellors.
Yes, with 250 marks, you can get a private MBBS seat in a state or across all of India.
No, the NEET exam is required to enrol in an MBBS programme in India.
The lowest fee is INR 8,33,000 for MP MBBS in a private college.
MD degree in the United States is equal to MBBS degree.
You can go for a BSc degree relevant to the medical field is better than MBBS.
MD earns more MBBS.